Proven Southern California Lawyer Handles All Types of Divorces
Rancho Cucamonga firm helps spouses safeguard their interests
Ending a marriage can be a painful, confusing experience, but with the right legal counsel you can safeguard what’s important and move forward. At the Law Offices of Dan Peelman, PC in Rancho Cucamonga, I am an attorney who is dedicated to helping Southern California clients complete the divorce process in a positive manner. From the start, I help spouses understand the different types of divorce methods so that you can avoid unnecessary cost and aggravation. With over 25 years of experience handling these issues, my firm will help you develop a sound plan to secure a fair result and preserve your well-being.
Knowledgeable advisor outlines options when a marriage ends
Without the proper information, you might make decisions that weaken your position and cannot be undone. I make sure that you receive authoritative counsel on each aspect of California divorce law, including:
- No-fault divorce — California is a no-fault divorce state, meaning that marriages are legally dissolved based on the fact that there are irreconcilable differences between the spouses. Though traditional grounds such as adultery do not apply, a cheating partner’s squandering assets as part of their affair could be considered a factor.
- Community property — Assets that either spouse acquires during the marriage become part of the couple’s community property. During a divorce, the value of this property is divided equally between the partners. I can help you handle disputes over issues such as which assets should be included in the split or the valuation of retirement benefits.
- Alimony — When one spouse takes care of the household while the other earns income outside the home, their divorce can have a devastating financial impact. My firm will explain how California alimony law applies to your situation.
Don’t hesitate to seek advice even if divorce is only a possibility at this point. I offer a free initial consultation so that spouses can obtain prompt counsel from a qualified advisor.
Inland Empire attorney assists with amicable and difficult breakups
My firm serves as a dedicated legal advocate in any type of matrimonial matter, including:
- Contested divorce — In cases where disagreements exist, I have the knowledge and experience to secure a favorable result.
- Uncontested divorce — If you and your spouse have agreed on terms such as child custody and property division, I can help you complete the divorce in a smooth, cost-effective manner.
- Summary dissolution — Childless couples who have been married for fewer than five years might be able to use this simplified divorce procedure if they meet the eligibility requirements. If a property settlement is worked out, the divorce can be granted six months after filing.
- Legal separation — When you and your spouse no longer wish to live together but don’t want to divorce, I can help you obtain a legal separation.
By providing personalized attention to each client, I help them start a new chapter in their lives with their rights and values intact.
Dedicated advocate litigates child custody and support disputes
Parents of young children who are going through a divorce should make every effort to resolve issues of child custody and support in a positive way. Unfortunately, this is not always possible. My firm skillfully negotiates arrangements for legal and physical custody to give young people the best chance of growing up in a healthy environment, supported by both parents. If issues must be resolved in court, I am a strong advocate for a resolution that is in your child’s best interests. My firm also handles matters relating to the establishment, enforcement and modification of child support orders.
Contact an established Inland Empire divorce lawyer for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of Dan Peelman, PC represents Californians in divorce litigation and related matters such as disputes over child custody and support. Please call 909-257-0291 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation at my office in Rancho Cucamonga.